Gender reveal at KKH

Hi mummies! I'm going to do the 13 weeks scan next week (the one that tests for any chromosome defects and down syndrome etc).. I heard results will take a few weeks to be out, and will get to know the gender too. We would like to keep it a secret to do a gender reveal. Do I have to inform the doc that I'll like it to be a secret and to ask her to write the gender inside an envelope or sth?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

i had my week 20's scan last month. Like you I wanted to keep as a secret too. During the scanning I asked the assistant if the gender result is accurate at this stage. When she said yes, I informed her we would like to keep it a secret. She said usually it's the doc who share the details with the patient. She then put the result in an envelope and wrote on it that parents would like to keep it as secret. So doc sealed the result paper in the envelope and passed to us 😊

Read more

The 13th week scan is for structural abnormalities & down syndrome. Result is immediate. Gender reveal scan is at 20th week. Radiologist will ask if you want to know gender. If you don't, you won't be informed.

Yes, if you want to do the gender reveal you need inform the person who is doing the scanning for you not to tel u the gender . Write down behind the ultra scan for you and keep in the envelope

I just had my scan yesterday at wk13 too. They didn't reveal gender, only the results of the FTS are disclosed. So i guess maybe when the next appointment with the gynae, she will inform about the gender.

Thành viên VIP

Just tell your doctor directly on what u want. I bet other parents had done this before too!

May I know much u need to pay for scan?

Inform doctor