Areola skin dry and comes of after pumping

Hi mummies i just started pumping and breast feeding less than a week i noticed the areola side has skin peeling of on some parts is this normal but its not itchy? My nipple is not itchy or red tho. I tried using nipple cream to soothe and moisture it .#firstmom #firsttimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congratulations on your new journey into motherhood and breastfeeding. It's totally normal to experience some dryness and peeling of the skin on your areola, especially in the early stages of breastfeeding and pumping. This can happen due to the increased friction and moisture in that area. Using a nipple cream is a great idea to soothe and moisturize the skin. You can also try using a lanolin cream or coconut oil to keep the area hydrated. Make sure to keep the area clean and dry, and avoid using any harsh soaps or lotions that could further irritate the skin. If you notice any redness, swelling, or persistent discomfort, it's always a good idea to check in with a lactation consultant or healthcare provider just to rule out any potential issues. But overall, what you're experiencing sounds pretty common and can often be managed with some simple at-home remedies. Remember to take care of yourself too, mama! It's a big adjustment, but you're doing great. Keep up the good work, and don't hesitate to reach out for support whenever you need it. #YouGotThis #MomLife #BreastfeedingJourney https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

it's fine, probably just your skin trying to get used to latching and pumping. if it doesn't hurt, and you're alrdy using nipple cream,I don't think u need to worry about it

It’s normal! After a week or so mine was the same alr and didn’t even have to put nipple cream anymore

Influencer của TAP

norm