Sore throat

Hello, mummies! I probably caught the virus from my other kids, so now I’m having a sore throat and dry cough. Any idea if strepsils is safe to take? Not sure what other medication I can take for cough and sore throat.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh no, it's no fun being sick, especially when you're pregnant or breastfeeding. Sore throats and dry coughs can be really bothersome. As a fellow mom who has been there, I totally get it. When it comes to medications for a sore throat and cough during pregnancy or breastfeeding, it's always best to check with your doctor first. But in general, Strepsils lozenges are considered safe to use for pregnant and breastfeeding moms. They can help soothe your throat and provide some relief. However, if you're looking for other options, honey mixed with warm water or herbal teas with honey and lemon can also help ease a sore throat. Gargling with salt water can provide some relief too. And staying hydrated is super important, so make sure you're drinking plenty of fluids. In terms of cough medications, it's best to avoid ones with certain ingredients like pseudoephedrine or codeine. Your doctor can recommend safe options for you to try. It's always a good idea to get plenty of rest and take care of yourself while you're feeling under the weather. And don't hesitate to reach out to your healthcare provider for personalized advice on managing your symptoms. Wishing you a speedy recovery! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Please do not self medicate if unsure! Best to consult a doctor at a nearby clinic and get pregnancy safe medication! Just let the doctor know that you are pregnant. I was prescribed lozenges for sore throat, I can’t remember for cough as I have thrown away the bottle and it didn’t take long for me to recover so it’s better to consult a doctor 😁

Read more

My gynae shared that lozenges and paracetamol are relatively safe for consumption when pregnant. Only never to take any anti inflammatory drugs, eg aspirin or any steroid drugs.. but it's still best to consult a doctor. I had a bad sore throat too and had to take lozenges and I'm fine :)

3t trước

Thanks for sharing! A doctor recommended Prospan cough syrup (ivy leaf) as well. She says it’s safe and non drowsy! Hopefully this will be useful for anyone else who sees this :)

Better to go consult a doctor! I rec cough syrup & lozenges from the doctor! And honey lemon drink helps alot!!

Try gargle salt water. Drink manuka honey + water + salt.

Influencer của TAP

strepsils didnt help me 😔