Pregnancy Constipation

hi mummies, can i know any recommendation for calcium supplements that do not cause a lot of constipation? Im currently taking caltrate for calcium supplements. Ever since taking that,i have bad constipation that causes my anal to tear and blead abit. Im taking fybogel,vmfruits and trying to hydrate more but its still a little bad. So i was womdering there might be better calcium supplements out there to reduce constipation. At this rate im afraid i might have hemorrhoids even before giving birth?. Thank You in advanced.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Are you sure it is due to calcium supplement? Ialso take multivits that contain calcium but I had no such issue. If you're already taking multivitamin there's no need to take extra calcium. To treat constipation you can take lactulose or prune juice. Eat lots of fiber and drink plenty of water!

Thành viên VIP

Calcium usually not known to cause constipation, but iron is a common cause. Some people swear by chia seeds, my gynae had 0 also prescribed lactose syrup for me for constipation

Super Mom

I don’t think it’s the calcium that is causing it, but the iron? Maybe the brand isn’t suitable for you? Try asking ur gynae

Hi. Drink 2 glass of medium hot water in empty stomach in the morning. Eat prunes. Doctor recommend me this for constipation

Thành viên VIP

Or you try taking low fat milk as substitute? Constipation can be caused by the iron in other multi vit.

Delmonte prune juice really helps with constipation. Incorporate more fruits and veggies in your diet.

Thành viên VIP

Do cHeck with your gynae or with the pharmacist. Remember to drink plenty of water

Hey, Have lots of water and prune juice. Should help

Thành viên VIP

Take vitamin C or drink prune juice

Maybe you can try drinking milk