Maternity Insurance - A need ?

Hi mummies! May i know if it’s a need to buy a maternity insurance? I’m not sure whether if i should take it up. Plus, if i want to buy, i may be looking for standalone insurance instead of a bundled. Any ideas? (: #1stimemom #advicepls #pregnancy

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s not a “need” to buy maternity insurance and it depends on why you want to buy one. For me, I buy bcos I can transfer the life insurance to my child upon birth with no underwriting (even the child is born with some condition). (Hence: I didn’t buy stand alone). And also in the event of child needs blue light therapy for jaundice, it’s covered. For other pregnancy complications (ie: pre eclampsia ) it’s covered by ur own hosp plan too. For GD, think u need to meet certain criteria to claim. So u need to check properly & think of why u need to buy it.

Read more
3y trước

Thanks for ur info appreciate it! Will do my research and see what’s best👍😉

i regretted not getting one after 13 weeks. as now im diagnose with gdm, if i have bought a insurance it couldve covered some cost. try prudential or aia

3y trước

No need to regret. I bought prudential and got gd. But after I delivered , my gd gone. So I didn’t get any compensation. You only get paid if ur gd continues even after delivery.(means u got high risk of diabetes). I rather not get any payout

I'm in week 30 and just bought with AIA qiren, mum2baby insurance. Once I delivered will pass to baby directly,

Thành viên VIP

it depends on yourself but maternity insurance does not cover all complications

I'm with Prudential, can contact me if you are open to exploring our standalone plan

3y trước

welcome

Stand-alone plans are offered by Manulife, Aviva and Prudential :)