38w not dilated, will get induced on edd

Hi mummies, i havent dilated @ 38week+ appointment and my gynae suggested for me to get induced 39 weeks onwards. However i told her i wanted to get induced on my edd day itself, in hoping baby will want to come out naturally. This will be my first born btw and so far baby’s condition is good and growing well with ideal normal weight. However i am beyond terrified as everyone who went thru induced have a bad experience and some ended up in csec. Which i wanted to avoid the most, Can mummies share with me your induce story and experience, so i can somehow know what to expect. Is it normal to not dilate @ 38 weeks+ and any possibility i can naturally dilate before edd ? Were you dilated before the induce, and how long was your labor? Were you able to deliver naturally or was it a failed induced. And hows the recovery if csec. Does induce higher chance for csec #FTM #advicepls

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think being dilated or not at the start doesn’t really matter. It matters if your cervix can open fast enough during labour. I went in for my 38 weeks appointment to find that I was 1.5cm dilated. Baby’s amniotic fluid was slightly lower than ideal by like around 0.4 only. But baby’s position was good and baby was a good weight so my doctor recommended for me to get induced. We checked in that very same night midnight to the hospital to get induced. Long story short, my cervix couldn’t open fast enough. I was stuck at 4cm after 15 hours. Waterbag was broken by doctor at 3cm in hopes that it will accelerate labour but it didn’t. Luckily I called for epidural at around 3cm so I didn’t feel too much contraction pains. In the end, due to fetal heart rate was starting to show abit of distress, my doctor called for an emergency c sect and my baby was born 15mins later. Tbh, when I first found out that I had to E C sect I was very upset and kept crying but looking back it is really not as bad as it seems and recovery for me so far (3 weeks postpartum) has been much much much easier than I imagined. And the pain (so far up till now) I would say is lesser than having to go through contraction pains. It’s just the psychological barrier you need to get past. So don’t be scared if you really in the end need to E C Sect it is not as bad as what you would’ve thought. I asked many mummies who went through this and they all said the same thing. All the best to you! :)

Read more
9mo trước

I delivered at Mt Alvernia :)