My parent in law let my 4 month old taste milo

Hi mummies, i dont what to react just now my father in law just told me he let my baby taste milo but in a very small amount.. my baby only 4 month old i dont know what to react.. what should i do? is it bad?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Firstly, don’t panic. Small amount should be fine. I know you’re worried about the little amount of sugar intake but it’s really fine. Secondly, do advise everyone around you to ask your permission BEFORE giving anything to your baby. Reason being, you are still new and learning about what kind of allergies your baby might have to certain foods so it’s really best to ask you first to avoid any future misunderstandings. Tell them they wouldn’t want to be responsible if anything happens to your baby in the event he/she has an allergic reaction and is connected to the food/drink source given by them. Finally, talk to your baby in front of those people, and tell your baby he/she should not consume anything without your permission. Doesn’t matter if your baby understand or not. As long as the people around you understand. My in-laws have the habit of feeding my daughter anything and everything to the point where I’ll be so frustrated and throw a face to them. I am a germaphobe and they like to feed from their own bowl, straw or utensil and I absolute hate that. I’ll just tell them off through my daughter saying “Baby, no. Enough. No more. Later you sick, how? You go hospital, how? Stop it. Enough.” Or “Baby, did you ask my permission whether you can have it?” Lol.

Read more

A little is fine. But do communicated with your parents/in laws nicely on your comfortable level. Respecting each other is important. Do not need to be too strict unless it’s a big no no (like feeding water to newborn). Although it’s a long time ago, they were a first time parents of a newborn. Both you and your husband grew up fine. Most won’t do anything to harm your baby. So just talk it out.

Read more

haha I hope the baby got kick out of it. I think it's fine la, 4mo can start solid food already; although strong tasting foods isn't recommended I'm sure we've all had worse under our parents/grandparents care in the past lol

2y trước

not all 4 months old are ready to eat solid food, furthermore the advisable month to start giving baby solid food is from 6 months onwards.

Last time bb drink water, now cant drink water. Relax, a very small amount is ok. I am a millennial gen.

A 4 month old is not supposed to consume milo or any other solid or liquid.

i think it's ok though if it's a little amount. relax

Don’t worry. A very small amount should be ok.

Influencer của TAP

🙏