New mum travelling

Hi Mummies, I booked my trip next month without knowing I’m about 2-3 weeks pregnant. Would like to know if anyone has the same experience before, what to take note? My doctor told me I can still go but to follow up with her before my trip. #firsttimemom #travelfirsttrimester #travel

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I travelled when I was about 6-7 weeks pregnant. When I first visited the gynae, I was 6 weeks pregnant. The gynae did not recommend us to travel but we still decided to go ahead as our trip is more for rest and relax, rather than doing all the touristy stuff. My gynae mentioned no jumping and running. I take the folic acid every morning as prescribed. Gynae also prescribed me Utrogestan, I think it is a good to have medication, in case of any bleeding during the first trimester while you are travelling. I was quite nervous on the plane ride. For me, praying for a smooth flight helped. Just do whatever you can to help yourself relax. When you want to rest, just tell your husband that you need rest and stay in the hotel to relax. First trimester can be really tiring. Don’t pressure yourself to walk around when you are tired. Have all 3 meals. Drink fruit juice without ice or eat apples to help facilitate your bowel movement. We went for a check up at the gynae yesterday. Baby is at 9 weeks and is growing well. ☺️

Read more
2mo trước

Thanks for sharing your experience! Appreciate it ❤️

Get a letter from your gynae to certify that you're fit to travel. Where possible, get an aisle seat so tt u can go to the toilet easily and also get some walking for blood circulation. Other than that,just don't overexert yourself and rest when tired during your trip. Food wise is as per what the other mummy said, no alcohol, no raw/uncooked food eg sashimi and salads, especially when overseas, and try to avoid ice drinks coz you won't know if their ice is clean.

Read more
2mo trước

Thank you!

I travelled to South Korea for 2 weeks before my first gynae visit but I already know I am pregnant. Just take note of what you are eating - avoid alcohol and uncooked food, be careful while travelling - not to fall down etc, avoid high impact activities like roller coaster, sky diving etc, take a rest or nap whenever you are tired, wear comfortable shoes, bring your folic acid supplements, drink more water.

Read more
2mo trước

Thank you!

some people (including me) have morning sickness around end of week 7 or early week 8 onwards. it could be uncomfortable for travel then. probably just be mentally prepared for it in case your morning sickness is bad.

2mo trước

Wahh now I worry! Hopefully I won’t experience any during the trip.

get anti nausea pills from your doctor. your morning sickness might be at its peak when u travel

2mo trước

Thank you for the kind advice!

I travelled to 10 countries in my first 3 months of pregnancy and everything was fine.