Breathless At Week 37

Hi mummies can I ask I have been feeling breathless from week 37 onwards... Is it normal?

55 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh yes, it's very normal and happens because your growing baby pushes your uterus against the diaphragm. Your lungs get compressed. Again, breathlessness can also happen if you have anaemia or your iron levels are low, so ask you doctor about it and eat plenty of iron-rich foods. Also, if you have asthma talk to your doctor about your breathlessness. You will most likely feel better towards delivery when baby's head will engage and baby will move down towards your pelvis.

Read more

it may be normal in general but not to scare you, every pregnancy is different! rmbr to tell your gynae abt it! very important!! i received a bad scolding from her as i didnt come forward earlier. quoted from the dr 'youre dealing with 2 lives now. dont think its ok its ok. better to. clear any complications and doubts' take care of yourself mummy ❤️😘

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Yes it’s considered normal as your baby is big now and compressing your lungs, stomach. For me, it actually felt claustrophobic as I couldn’t breathe freely in confined spaces. Do practice breathing and relaxation techniques! It will help during labour too.

My doctor suggest to increase my iron supplement intake from 1 to 2 per day and it really helps for me. Initially I thought is because I’m too weak, but after increase the iron I feel so much better.

I feel the same way, I'm at 37w1day, specially after eating or when I'm leaning my back on the bed. konting tiis nlng mummys, will get through to it... with Gods help❤️

ya.. it is better to highlight it to your Gynae so he/she can help to monitor and make sure that yourself and your baby are safe.

Yes quite normal as baby is getting bigger. I checked with my gynae. Do let ur gynae know if it's really uncomfortable for u!

5y trước

Thank you!

Yes. It Happened to me much earlier than 37w. And because of that I couldn’t sleep well .. so it’s very normal..

Yes its normal. Same here. I guess due to lack of space for the baby and they are pushing our diaphragm.

Hi, It is a normal experience as the weight and size of the baby increases. Just be calm and relaxed

5y trước

Thank you!