Divorce while pregnant

Hi mummies, my husband wants to divorce while I am halfway through my pregnancy because he doesnt feel happy in this relationship anymore. He even suggested to abort the baby. Do you think this is very selfish and cruel? What will you do if you were me? #pleasehelp

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy. It must be really tough to go through this. Bluntly speaking, this may mean that you'll need to face the challenges that come along with it all by yourself. Be it finding a future relationship, the costs that comes with raising a child, special arrangements you'll have to make for the child.. Being halfway through the pregnancy, I believe that you've started feeling the little movements of your little one. I'm sure you had a few ultrasound scans. you've seen and the appearance of your little one - what cute hands and feet, what a nice face shape. You, thinking that your husband is cruel for suggesting the removal of the baby, proves very much that you love your child very much. The reality of life is as such.. we can't choose how the man in our lives treat us, but we can decide what we want for ourselves. You love your child, mummy. You have every right to consider all aspects and weigh the pros and cons of the situation and decide for yourself. Nobody can tell you what's right. Even if someone would tell uou what they think is right, they aren't the ones who are going to bear with the consequences of the decision. It a tough decision, but bring yourself together to decide. I've got to tell you though, I'm 6 months preggy now. My baby isn't the healthiest and has been diagnosed with pentalogy of cantrell. Go google it. High risk baby, needs plenty of operations after he's born. I wasnt even on insurance, neither am i rich. I know I'll be in deep financial s*** if I kept him. I've been given the option to keep or abort the baby. Doc straight out told me that I'd have to take a pill to stop the baby's heart if i chose abortion. Everytime i feel my little peanut kick when i said something to him, i couldn't bring myself to make that decision. imagine the heartache.. you've to stop your own baby's heart.. i went and speak to lots of doctors about the situation (to find out how the illness would affect him and all), doctors were fed up with talking to me. cried hard cos idk what to do.. but after finding out more abt the situation, ive decided to go ahead with the pregnancy. My heart feels achy even when I talk about it now cos I ever had the thought to remove him.. Be tough mummy. It will be a tough decision. I've decided to keep my little one after lots of back and forth thinking. It really depends on how much you feel for the baby and all. It should be about you now since that @ don't deserve a say in this now. Relating to your relationship, only you would know better. Is it that he's saying this as a spite or does he mean it? Only you would know better. There are diff ways to deal with this agree? Think carefully, put in the effort to find out what's ahead if you keep the baby, and what to do with the hub. Once you made a decision, don't look back. No regrets cos you thought thoroughly through this. I hope I'm not too late in my response. I wish I could hug you my fellow sister. Be strong, make the decision only when you're well informed. Lots of uncertainty, yes, but that's how life is.

Read more

Unpopular opinion but I would leave the man. Whether to keep the baby should be your own choice. While I believe all mothers are strong, not everyone can survive being a single mother. I am in no position to tell you what to do because ultimately, the one facing everything is you. You have to decide what is best for you. Should you decided to keep your baby, see if there’s anyway not to include his name in baby’s bc. If he can divorce you during pregnancy and even asked you to abort, then he don’t deserves to be called a human, let alone a father. A baby is not happy happy you donate your sperm then unhappy you say want to get rid, likewise for marriage. This is bullshit.

Read more

Of course I will keep the baby and not abort it. Why wasn't he happy with the rship? Did he explain? Is he having someone else? You seek help from counselor to save the rship? At all cost, if rship goes down hill, never let go of your precious gem. Keep it. Baby's not at fault. The only reason he ask to abort because he doesn't want responsibility and to pay for every single penny for you and baby. But, if I were to be you, if I can go on and move on with life (if the rship doesn't work) ill prove to him I can survive without him and I am a strong single mum.

Read more

can imagine how terrible it must be for you to face this. agree that since it has gotten to this stage and your husband doesn't seem to want or care for the baby, you should cut your losses and just leave him. the days ahead will be challenging, but I think rather than be with a man who doesn't even want his own flesh and blood, you are better off being on your own. please keep the baby, he or she is too precious and is a gift from heaven.

Read more

So sorry you are going through this. Stay with family or people who love you for now until after you give birth. You and your child’s welfare is the priority at the moment, not his. Leaving a relationship is always difficult and complicated but always look out for you and your child’s happiness. Marriage and parenthood are hard enough when both are committed, if he wants out, perhaps you should end it

Read more

I don't have the full story but I hope he is still open to stay in the relationship and only said those words in anger..possible to have a proper conversation and work things out?maybe ask a counselor or a neutral party like a mutual friend.If he still insists on divorce, please don't abort the baby as it's a precious life..It might be tough on you..I hope and pray things can work out for you

Read more
Thành viên VIP

keep the baby, leave the man if you have the capabilities. a baby with your blood, who you can groom to love and vice versa is better to sink in a marriage with no love at all.

So sorry to hear what you are going through........ Hope you find that light at the end of the tunnel.. Man can fail but our Creator never fail us.... All the best to u...

really hurtful that this kind of man still exist🥲.Keep your baby mummy your baby will be your happiness soon and it will be the reason to fight and move on

I'm having the same issue but not divorce yet