Hello mummies, At how old do you all let your LO watch tv ( kids show , cartoon ) My son is 10 months old and there's nothing much for him to do as I am working and he's all alone with my helper . Can he watch tv? Thanks :)

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We started at 1 year. 10 months really too young. Btw, the AAP has the following position on babies watching television: “Children of all ages are constantly learning new things. The first 2 years of life are especially important in the growth and development of your child’s brain. During this time, children need good, positive interaction with other children and adults. Too much television can negatively affect early brain development. This is especially true at younger ages, when learning to talk and play with others is so important. Until more research is done about the effects of TV on very young children, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) does not recommend television for children age 2 or younger. For older children, the Academy recommends no more than 1 to 2 hours per day of educational, nonviolent programs. “

Read more