How many weeks do you start to request to wfh?

Hi mummies, at how many weeks do you start to request to wfh? I’m 29 weeks now and I feel so heavy and breathless all the time. My company require us to go back 4 days a week and the transport to and fro work is taking a toll esp when baby is pressing very low. Did anyone manage to get gynae to write a letter just to request to wfh?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did request for wfh for my second pregnancy because my boss is a micro manage lady and even with the wfh memo the last third mth only allow me to wfh 1 day a week last 2nd mth 2 days a week and last mth no need go back.. now my third pregnancy due in oct is at another company which originally has 2 days wfh arrangements already.. so my boss tell me sept onwards no need go bck office just wfh till I give birth..so I suppose it depends on boss.. even with memo they might nt allow or allow only minimal wfh..

Read more

I requested to wfh from 35 weeks onwards cos the remainder of my work are more administrative and didn't need to face clients. I think it really depends on your type of work and your manager. I think good to share your struggles with your supervisor and see how they can support.

Yes, you can request for a wfh memo from your gynae. I requested for it at 35w but I still go office twice a week, really cannot avoid.

Influencer của TAP

really depends on our manager... mine allowed me to wfh off & time since 2nd trimester

I’m in my early 2nd trimester and planning to request to wfh later. Hope its ok!

I did so from 36 weeks