Travelling at 7 months

Hi mummies! Have you travelled overseas at 7 months pregnant? I want to go on a baby moon in late January, but my gynae can only give me an answer during my next appt in early January. But by then I'm sure the flight tickets will be expensive 😔 what are the chances of me getting on a plane then? And were you feeling too heavy by then to be moving around? Thanks for your answers mummies!

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi! gynae can only give you an answer at the next appointment because you'll need to pass some fit-to-fly requirements? if you're a low risk pregnancy then I think you'll probably get the green light cleared to fly memo from doctor. I travelled at 7 months pregnant only to KL... it was really hard to move around too much... try to find a destination that is more relaxed, and not much walking involved. also might want to consider the mode of transport there, if it will be hard for you to walk around then better avoid countries that require you to take bus/trains and opt for private hire cars like Grab or Gojek (or whichever is their taxi/car service in that country). also have to consider, flight time. if the flight is long hours (like flying to Australia/Japan/Taiwan or even further away) it might be uncomfortable for you to stay sitted in the seat on the plane...

Read more

hi! i went to bkk on business trip when i was about 34w pregnant, no issue! gynae gave the green light as well. do check what is the airline requirements in terms of max preganancy in weeks they will accept, or if they need doctor memo. i do need to mention that i flew budget; the flight there was spacious enough so no problem. but the flight back was too cramp and sustained me a back injury as i sat in a compromised posture for 3h. the back ache lasted for 2 weeks and i could not walk properly at all. pls save yourself that trouble by booking a bigger seat!

Read more

Travelled at 30 weeks to Perth with doctor's memo in Sep. Letter only valid for a week prior to travel so gynae scheduled my checkup a few days before my flight. Anw the airport didn't even check my memo. Took Qantas. Was OK throughout the trip cz we drove ard so not much walking. However, back hurts so much esp when I had to squeeze with my inlaw's fam. Sitting for long road trips with not much room to straighten my legs made it so uncomfortable. Wld have been better if I cld have the whole rear seat to myself!

Read more

babymoon? i'd say just go for it. i travelled arnd europe for 2 weeks.. was given an ok to travel memo at 30 weeks. you know your strength and body better so trust yourself. wear compression socks in the plane (mine was a 12hours flight), request for extra pillows. get up from your seat when you feel uncomfortable, walk down the aisle, do some stretches and exercise a lil. always stay hydrated. rest when needed. you'll be ok!

Read more

can travel. just ensure you ask your gynae for a memo to certify that you are fit to travel in case the airlines ask you before you board the plane. I had a memo but they didn't ask me cos my tummy is small and looks like I'm bloated 😅 though I am 32 weeks. but also check the airlines requirements and also for leg room cos you need to be comfortable else. and hydrate yourself throughout the flight

Read more

I bought my air tickets even before I became pregnant! currently 25weeks and will be 28weeks when I travel. thankfully within the airline's ok to fly period. just need to get the fit to fly memo from my gynae. advice you to get a flight that you can postpone, should your gynae not clear you. but 7 mths pregnant should be OK la.

Read more

I booked mine before seeing the gynae 😂 but I booked those ticket that allows me to reschedule in case my doctor didn’t allow me to fly .. I am 27 and travelling but I make sure I fly by before 28 weeks as some airlines has some requirements…

Shouldn't be an issue to travel. SQ requires memo if you are 28 weeks and after. I am flying back from Japan and turning 27 weeks. Just that my lower back aches a little for sitting too long

if ur pregnancy dun have any complication, just go ahead and book first. high chance ur gynae will give the letter saying for to travel

just travelled to Bali for 4d3n at 31w!! also flew budget and the 2.5h flight was manageable, though sitting too long is quite tiring!