COVID POSITIVE: 29 weeks pregnant

Hi mummies! Have just recovered from covid and would like to share my covid positive story here as i reslized the cases are getting more & t
FormSG Form Manager for Government

10 Replies

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I have been searching posts like yours here but unable to find the one as comprehensive as yours. I am looking forward to hear your update on the ur next appointment on 18 Feb. Hope everything is okay with you and baby. I am currently tested negative with ART but have mild sore throat now. No other symptoms though. My body temperature seems okay below 37 when I measured ard 5pm tdy. Not sure at night. Hopefully no fever. I don't dare to take any meds per now. So, only drink plenty of water and honey lemon. I am currently 24w pregnant. Not sure whether I shd go to see doc since if I'm still negative with ART tomorrow, the charges won't be subsidized in the PHPC clinic. My hubby tested positive yesterday, he started showing symptoms on Monday. I am afraid I catch Covid from him. Very worried for my baby :( Once again, I really thank you so much for ur sharing here!

Hi! doctor said that baby is healthy and growing well, ask me not to worry so much as getting covid is very common now. it’s even better to get it while pregnant or else high chance pass to baby/more troublesome to isolate if got baby and he said best to get booster while pregnant too so we can pass some covid immunity to baby!

Hope you are feeling better now and thanks for sharing! Also wondering how you were able to go and collect your ART kits if you were still positive on 11 feb since you mentioned 12 feb then you were negative! For my case, I have already delivered last year though. I also had fever and it subsided the next day after panadol. Then came sore throat which i was still negative. Only the next day then it was positive. Took me 12 days to clear covid cause at day 7, i tested on my ART twice (one almost barely visible, quickvue show a super faint line), clinic did once on the same morning and my line was still dark. So i got trust issues now on ART!

Lol. I also have that sms. But technically isolation only end 72h later. And yes, tat is y in a day i used 2-3 ART kits because i trust i c a very very faint line. 😅

VIP Member

hope you are better now mummy. I was infected in hosp, day when i discharged from KKH I realized i had mild cough n decided to do ART, realized it was positive and had to bring both my 3days old baby and me back to KKH. Good thing was my baby was negative but we had to seperate for long 11 days. it was very depressing but im so glad it was over. 🥲

did you get any MC or HL when you were hospitalized for Covid?

Thanks for sharing! My close friends and relatives are taking turns to be +ve, making me a bit unsure what to expect... or how to precaution over the proximity of infection. Hopefully, cross fingers, all is well...

ya lor!! my fb and insta filled with friends kena positive 😂 usually kena once then won’t get it for the second time already but hopefully all mummies won’t get it la. really troublesome and stressful, during pregnancy or after pregnancy 😭

Thanks for sharing. It’s good to share out as really not all mummy understand also it’s true there is not much information on pregnant mummy when positive and how to go about. 👍👍

Thank you for sharing... Really appreciate... Although I have delivered baby mid last year already but I too eco the sentiments... We really need more info for pregnant women

VIP Member

Thanks so much for sharing, this was so helpful! I'll take note since there's really not much info out there for pregnant mums catching covid.

Great to know that you recover also baby is well. Just curious did u ask your doctor since u recover from covid. Will baby be protected from covid?

Because baby if affected by covid more troublesome as now below 5 years old still can’t take any vaccine. Below 2 years old can’t do ART test.

TapFluencer

thanks for taking the effort to share 💞

Thank you so much for sharing ♥️

Trending Questions