Breech baby at 29 weeks

Hi mummies! Just had my scan at KKH and the doc mentioned that my boy is in a breech position and that there is a chance that he will not flip for me to have a safe natural birth. She only gave 2 options which are to do a csec or to manually turn baby. Any mummies out there had a breech baby and baby managed to turn on its own later on/got a doc to do manual turning? Also, any suggestions on what i can do to help baby with turning on his own? Hoping to really have a natural birth as long as baby is safe and healthy.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

29 weeks is still early! my gynae mentioned there's a high chance that baby will turn.. however, until end of week 36 the chances of baby turning if he/she still haven't will be greatly lowered due to the constraint in space by then. So I would say at 29 weeks, there's still a high chance of baby turning down. however for me, my baby didn't turn eventually and I went for a Csect instead. Gynae suggest can walk abit more to aid baby in turning.. and there are some stretching exercises which u can find on YT which you may wanna try doing to see if it helps!

Read more