Claims for pre-eclampsia

Hi, any mummies here had experience claiming for pre-eclampsia under maternity insurance? I had severe pre-eclampsia and an emergency c-sect, but when I tried to claim, found out that the insurance company is being very difficult with the claims definitions. Extremely disappointed, as when buy into such insurance, we want to be able to claim for such unforeseen and distressing circumstances :(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Faced the exact circumstances as you, except that I didn’t go through c-sect. I felt so cheated.

1y trước

Exactly how I felt too. Mine was not a mild case at all, it was pretty severe, that’s why I went through emergency c-sect one month ahead of EDD. Already confirmed by gynae to have the condition and needed e c-sect too

Sorry I haven’t had such an experience but could you share which insurance did you buy from?

1y trước

Mine is fr AIA

Which insurance company is this? Mostly cover pre eclampsia

1y trước

Yes it’s listed as one of the pregnancy complications covered. But it’s not as simple as if you are confirmed to have the condition, the insurance will cover. Must meet some criteria way more extreme than the usual definitions of pre-eclampsia ☹️