Worried mum

Hi mummies, FTM here... Just wanted to ask for some opinions and thoughts. I am currently in my 3rd Trimester (36 weeks) and recently had bought some cleaning items from shopee in preparation for cny. Bought this brand of floor cleaner "Ajax" and to my horror the smell is very very strong. When I asked my hubby and family members they said smells like Lavender (the fragrance) but to me it smells terrible. So much so I had to throw it away without having ever opened it. Now the cupboard that I usually store my household cleaning items is full of the smell and despite me airing it for a few days I can still smell it (though my husband said to him it smells faint). I am very concerned will it harm my baby and what should I do now... Not sure if I am overthinking but now I am thinking back to when I do my laundry for the past few months - not sure if expose to detergent is it harmful also. I don't have help at home so mostly my husband and I doing housework. Not sure if any mummy can provide your insights pls... thank you in advance.#pleasehelp #firsttimemom #worrier

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Cleaning products generally dont put disclaimers LOL. But same goes to shampoo soaps and even fruits n vegetables full of chemicals right? Like u wanna depend on the system hello critical thinking abit please. Your concerns are valid hey! Even though research havent caught up with exposure to different chemicals and factors to its effect in fetuses, a common rule of thumb of prevention is needed because there are things that will cross into the placenta. https://americanpregnancy.org/healthy-pregnancy/is-it-safe/cleaning-and-pregnancy/ I was worried to bits because i was heavy cleaning the house with chemicals all no ppe for protection. The sense of smell in a pregnant woman is highly likely to benefit chances if survival of a mother n child https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3915141/#:~:text=Heightened%20sense%20of%20smell%20in,embryo%20by%20reducing%20the%20likelihood So what u did was okay it protects u and baby. Natural instincts at play. I chose gentler chemicals for cleaning and laundry all but dont fall for marketing words. Research the chemicals to see whats generally safe, dont need scents n fragances etc. Just be careful moving forward with other environmental factors too but dont go so hard on urself. Ure doing the best u can!

Read more

i been doing housework too. i dont think detergent etc will be harmful to the baby. becoz we pregnant lady is more sensitive to smell, and our taste changes due to hormone. same for food, some ppl started hating certain food smell which they used to like e.g. durian. so dont worry.

I doubt it is that harmful, is there a disclaimer that says danger to pregnant moms?

3mo trước

no particular disclaimer...