Newborn formula

Hi mummies, my edd is nearing and i am prepared to supplement FM especially the first few days if my BM or colostrum is not enough for the baby. Should i buy 1 tin of formula milk in advanced ? As im scared i might need it as soon as im back from hospital. Did any mummies buy in advanced ? Thought of getting either nan optipro or s21. Any advice ? #FTM

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think better wait till u deliver first. For all u know u'd be blessed with ample supply. Even if u don't, u can request from the hospital. Monitor to see if baby is OK with tt FM. Hospital will charge u and u can bring home the leftover. Unless baby seems to be allergic to it e.g developing rashes or keep vomiting, then u find another brand FM.

Read more

I bought while otw back home from discharge. Hospital gave me a few choices so I chose Nan, baby drank and had no issues then I stick to that. You can try out in hospital first, if baby ok then ask your hub to buy online or go NTUC buy.

I bought Nan in advance. Hospital gave S26 and baby took it well so I ordered online before I was discharged.