Low milk supply, any suggestions please?

Hi mummies, my baby is currently 6 weeks and I've been trying really hard to breastfeed however i feel i have low milk supply because whenever i pump its around 20 to 30 ml only. Seems like it's not enough for him and that's why i combine it with formula milk now to ensure he is getting enough. Did any mummies have this issue, if yes how did you manage it? Im also taking fenugreek supplements, pumping frequently but nothing seems to work. What is the optimal volume of breastmilk which i should have week by week as baby is growing, any idea? #advicepls #pleasehelp #firsttimemom

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t feel stress. 🤗 just try and top up with FM if not enough. It is ok. During my confinement, my confinement nanny cooked salmon and different type of fish, lotsa soup (lunch and dinner) and a thermos of red date tea (1.5 litre). It boosted my milk production (volume and creaminess). FYI, I started with 40- 50ml to become 120 ml each pump (not sure if it was bcos of the confinement meals). After confinement, I make my own red date tea (1.5litre), take a big bowl of overnight oats for breakfast, drink soya milk (1 litre) and pump every 3-4 hours after nursing to keep the supply. I also take dates and nuts as snacks. So far manage to keep the supply.

Read more
1y trước

hi, thank you so much for sharing. yes i do pump every 3 hours and take oats as well. i will definitely try to add fish and red dates tea to my diet too and hope it works for me . thank you for the tips. ♥️