Low milk supply, any suggestions please?

Hi mummies, my baby is currently 6 weeks and I've been trying really hard to breastfeed however i feel i have low milk supply because whenever i pump its around 20 to 30 ml only. Seems like it's not enough for him and that's why i combine it with formula milk now to ensure he is getting enough. Did any mummies have this issue, if yes how did you manage it? Im also taking fenugreek supplements, pumping frequently but nothing seems to work. What is the optimal volume of breastmilk which i should have week by week as baby is growing, any idea? #advicepls #pleasehelp #firsttimemom

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t feel stress. 🤗 just try and top up with FM if not enough. It is ok. During my confinement, my confinement nanny cooked salmon and different type of fish, lotsa soup (lunch and dinner) and a thermos of red date tea (1.5 litre). It boosted my milk production (volume and creaminess). FYI, I started with 40- 50ml to become 120 ml each pump (not sure if it was bcos of the confinement meals). After confinement, I make my own red date tea (1.5litre), take a big bowl of overnight oats for breakfast, drink soya milk (1 litre) and pump every 3-4 hours after nursing to keep the supply. I also take dates and nuts as snacks. So far manage to keep the supply.

Read more
1y trước

hi, thank you so much for sharing. yes i do pump every 3 hours and take oats as well. i will definitely try to add fish and red dates tea to my diet too and hope it works for me . thank you for the tips. ♥️

Hello, cook green papaya fish soup for yourself. Fenugreek is milk killer for some people. Have you check your flange size? Isit the correct size for your nipple as i heard it will affect your output. Im a total breastfeed mummy, but if i try pump my milk wont come out 😅 but if i use hakka, easily 150ml within few min. My baby is now 3 months ish growing steadily. I offered the breast whenever baby cry and latch her as long she wants. (ditch the timer/clock) as sometimes baby have not done when 10-15mins is up.

Read more

Hi, same for me too! My baby is currently about 9weeks. My supply pick up from 4weeks onwards and started fully on BM on the 4-5weeks. How i did it: Let baby suck on breast every time she is hungry (ignoring my low supply first) then after 15-30mins of sucking, if she is still hungry, offer her FM. And my supply picked up slowly. I also ate alot of lactation cookies, fish and papaya soup, drink maternity milk, lactation tea. Pumping after nursing.

Read more
1y trước

hi, thank you so much for sharing. yes i am currently taking lactation cookies as well and keeping myself hydrated. i will definitely try to add on some maternity milk and fish to my diet as well. thank you. ♥️

Hi mummy! Same goes as me.. they say its normal for 1st time mum to have low milk supply but we shouldnt stress out! As much as we want to BF them, we have already tried out very best. So what i did is i eat Oats and horlicks every morning to help boost my intake. It does help alil. Tried alot of supplements too but non really help much. So dont be sad mummy! Youre not alone! Just always stay positive!❤️❤️

Read more
1y trước

As long as baby is healthy mummy!!dont bother what people wanna say ya!

Hi! I share the same issue and had low and unsteady supply until my baby reached 9 weeks. She is 10 weeks now and my supply has stabilised, allowing about 70ml per pump and 100ml in the morning. I just persisted in doing what I deemed right- pumping regularly, eating balanced diet, and spending more time cuddling my baby. Hope that your persistence will pay!

Read more

You dont be stress, seek advice from breastfeeding consultant. Also you can take in fenugreek, lactation cookies, cod fish, spinach, lots of plain water. Let baby suck on breast and pump 10 to 15 mins to stimulate more milk production. You can also massage your breast before pumping.

1y trước

hi, thank you so much for sharing. yes will definitely add some of this to my diet as well and hope for some improvement. thank you. ♥️

As per my experience dear, when you mostly eat green leafy vegetables it produces more milk specially when it soup :)

You can also go for lactation consulting. Baby express does have lactation consulting services for their users.

1y trước

sure, will check it out. thank you.

Influencer của TAP

Yes sometimes it’s common but actually formula will work

1y trước

noted, thank you.