Low milk supply, any suggestions please?

Hi mummies, my baby is currently 6 weeks and I've been trying really hard to breastfeed however i feel i have low milk supply because whenever i pump its around 20 to 30 ml only. Seems like it's not enough for him and that's why i combine it with formula milk now to ensure he is getting enough. Did any mummies have this issue, if yes how did you manage it? Im also taking fenugreek supplements, pumping frequently but nothing seems to work. What is the optimal volume of breastmilk which i should have week by week as baby is growing, any idea? #advicepls #pleasehelp #firsttimemom

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello, cook green papaya fish soup for yourself. Fenugreek is milk killer for some people. Have you check your flange size? Isit the correct size for your nipple as i heard it will affect your output. Im a total breastfeed mummy, but if i try pump my milk wont come out 😅 but if i use hakka, easily 150ml within few min. My baby is now 3 months ish growing steadily. I offered the breast whenever baby cry and latch her as long she wants. (ditch the timer/clock) as sometimes baby have not done when 10-15mins is up.

Read more