Emergency c sect and take care everything on your own

Hi mummies Can anyone share on tip how to heal the c sect faster & how to cope with baby n house chores? I had my emergency c sect last week, apparently the wound is still sting on and off. I do take my painkillers I have no confinement nanny hence i have to do everything myself. Is that why i still feel pain on my wound? If anyone had done c sect and take care baby and house chores on your own, please let me know any tips? Another stress to add is not very sure if i should pump every 3 hours. My breast sometimes will feel very full but once bb latch then it goes back to normal, but i cant measure how much LO drink hence i prefer to pump. Get on and off bed still difficult for me as well, but once bb cry i have no choice but to rush it😮‍💨 Please let me know how you guys cope!! Thanks in advance

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i did not have c sect, but im doing all the chores myself and have to take care of my newborn too, so my confinement is like no confinement. In order to have more rest and time, i did latch my newborn only for the first few days after delivery, after that i need to pump milk (used to pump 2-3 times a day) and i only pump once a day (latching takes too long). I had my engorgement days as well, so get a home-based lactation massage to relief the pain from block ducts and you will have more milk to pump. I still have wound due to episiotomy and got infection due to too much movements a couple days later after discharged from hosp. I bought chlorohexadine from guardian to clean my wound, you may try if gynae didnt prescribe to you (source for other antiseptic solution if you are allergic to this). Hope this helps and also to tell you that you are not alone. 😊

Read more