Herbal bath during confinement

Hi mummies, after back home from hospital, did you bath as per normal during confinement or did you use herbal sachet/herbal water ? Whats the benefit of herbal water, does it help with anything ? #FTM

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i used herbal sachet for whole 1 month confinement. heard its for expel wind, improve blood circulation and qi. my body felt warm throughout confinement. not sure if its due to the herbal bath or confinement food or our body temp stil high like during pregnancy. but my mom say that means the herbal bath works for me as we are suppose to feel warm during confinement so we will not have wind-dampness syndrome when we are older

Read more

hi! I used herbal sachets thru out the 28 days confinement. TCM believes it can expel "wind" and help rebuild the body after delivery... to me, harmless to just follow. the sachets I used not smelly or anything, just a bit of hassle for my husband cos he had to prepare the bath water for me every morning 😄

Read more

first week I use herbs, subsequently I bathe as normal. hygiene important and weather is hot. didn't feel that the herbs work for me

can we use soap to wash the body first then the herbal water to rinse off?

10mo trước

yes

herbal bath daily for 28days