6 months old having patches on body

Hi Mummies, My 6 month old is having this patch on his arm and also had some roughness on his back. Have added photos Can I please check what is this and what shall I do ? #pleasehelp #firstbaby

6 months old having patches on body
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

At first I thought it was fungal. My baby had the same red circle thingy on her skin. Peads confirmed as eczema and suggested gentle soaps and generous amounts of moisturisers. Usually load up on moisturiser right after shower and every other diaper change to control skin dryness. Most brands are ok but just avoid scented/fragrance stuff. Just because its marketed for babies and sensitive skin doesnt mean its true to the ingredients. So generally i stick to boring plain no smell soaps and moisturiser like qv, cetaphil, whatever. Lots of vacuuming the home too because at this age my baby is crawling so much and picking up dirt dust everything

Read more
7mo trước

Noted thanks mummy

my boy had the same especially on his cheek, and just like others reply, PD said its eczema and etc and like the reply above, to me it could be heat rash as i notice it worsen when the weather is too hit. I tried to use soap for sensitive -eczema prone (California bbay shampoo/bodywash) and Earth Mama calendula Baby Oil, also I used mama's choice diaper rash, it helps wonders! I tried using these (above) after trying QV, cetaphil moisturizer and others.

Read more

I won’t be too worry about it, sometimes it’s a reaction to external factors (temperature, clothing, skin products, solid food) and I don’t recommend over reliant on moisturisers or over showering. Sometimes it will make it worse. Skin problems can get better by trial and error, paed don’t have clear answers as well. My baby eventually grow out from her own skin problems, just be patient.

Read more
7mo trước

Best advise ever! Thanks mommy!

Yes.. I agree with previous comment. It could be a heat rash, or it could also be because the skin is dry. My little 1 also had a scaly patch on her leg around the 2 month mark. Tried applying skin lotion ( used cetpahil baby as recommended by vendor ), and it went away after awhile. Been continuing ever since and it didn't come back

Read more

It might be some heat rashes due to weather. Try to use Kodomo Powder Lotion or Cetaphil Advanced Pro Cream suitable for body/face. Use thin clothes material.

7mo trước

Thank you mummy