MIL wants to stay after birth of child

My mother-in-law who stays in India wants to stay with me after birth in Singapore. She is caring but has very old thinking. Since this is my first pregnancy I want people around me who are positive and strong. My MIL is very emotionally very weak, she has her ways. I don't want any clothing restrictions at that time or unnecessary advice like she is saying me we should not use diaper for baby, baby can get Bad eye of parents or I shouldn't go out of house for atleast 2 months. Should eat,eat,eat after birth. I don't want her around honestly but my husband wants her. I know she will be no help with cleaning but will just be giving her advise. What should I do?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Man it would be hard for you. For your own sanity and mental health, best to slow talk with your husband and really explain why you prefer not for her to come over. Do explain that unnecessary stress/opinion/advise can also lead to post partum depression. Talking from experience. For some reason MIL will always be the root cause of depression. Even if to them, they’re “helping” you. Esp if it’s your first pregnancy. Or can ask yiur mum to come over instead?.

Read more
6mo trước

Yes. During confinement, you would need as little people that stresses you out. You own mother i already enough.