my vagina smells bad during pregnancy

Hi Moms, I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant, and I've noticed a strange, unpleasant smell from my vagina recently. I'm a bit worried and embarrassed to talk about it with anyone close to me, so I'm reaching out here for some advice. I am worried someone could smell it from afar... I am afraid to have my husband nearby. Has anyone else experienced this during their pregnancy? Is this normal, or should I be concerned? What can I do to manage it? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there, First of all, I want to reassure you that what you are experiencing is actually quite common during pregnancy. The change in hormones can often lead to an imbalance in the pH levels of the vagina, which can result in a different odor than what you are used to. It's completely normal, and nothing to be embarrassed about. One thing you can do to manage the odor is to make sure you are practicing good hygiene. You can try using unscented soap and water to gently wash the area, and wearing cotton underwear to allow your skin to breathe. Avoid using scented products or douching, as these can actually make the problem worse. Another important step is to stay hydrated and maintain a healthy diet. Drinking plenty of water and eating foods rich in vitamin C can help maintain a healthy balance of bacteria in your body, which can in turn help with any unusual odors. If the smell persists or becomes accompanied by other symptoms such as itching or unusual discharge, it's always a good idea to check in with your healthcare provider. They can rule out any potential infections or other issues that may need to be addressed. Remember, you're not alone in this, and it's great that you reached out for advice. Take care of yourself, and don't hesitate to seek support from your healthcare provider if you have any concerns. Sending you lots of positive vibes and well wishes! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Because of hormone imbalance due to pregnancy, discharge release will cause smell or discolouration. You are to seek advice from your gynae upon check up. Because this can affect during birth through vaginal birth and can cause itchiness, fungal infection.

You have infection. Go check the PD. It’ll be fine with some antibiotics. Quickly get it checked some infections can harm the foetus.

Pls wear pantyliners that has some herbal smell on it. You'll feel windy and cooling down there.

Do get it checked for possible infection.

💕

🤍