Vagina Tearing to Anus

Hey moms, I just need to vent... When I gave birth, I had a normal delivery. But guess what... my vagina tore all the way to my anus. I don't know whose fault it was, but what I do know is that I was extremely panicked during the birth. Even though I had attended prenatal classes frequently... I panicked and pushed hastily. I pushed chaotically and didn't follow the doctor's instructions... I also rarely did perineal massages because I found them uncomfortable. But now, I really regret it... To all the moms who are about to give birth, please don't repeat my mistakes.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm sorry to hear about your experience during childbirth. It's important to remember that tearing during childbirth is quite common, and it's not your fault. It can happen due to various reasons, such as the size of the baby, the position during delivery, and the speed of the birth. Here are some suggestions to help prevent severe tearing during childbirth: 1. **Perineal Massages**: While you found them uncomfortable, doing perineal massages regularly can help to increase the flexibility of the perineal tissues, making them more elastic during delivery. 2. **Paced Breathing**: During labor, focus on paced breathing techniques to help control the urge to push too quickly and allow the tissues to stretch gradually. 3. **Listen to Your Healthcare Provider**: It's essential to follow the guidance of your healthcare provider during labor. They can help guide you on when and how to push effectively. 4. **Labor in Different Positions**: Exploring different labor positions can also help reduce tearing during childbirth. Squatting, kneeling, or using a birthing ball can sometimes help ease delivery. 5. **Stay Calm and Focused**: Try to stay as calm and focused as possible during labor. Keeping a clear mind and following the instructions given can help in the birthing process. Remember, every birth experience is unique, and it's okay to have fears and concerns. If you have any worries or questions, always discuss them with your healthcare provider. Wishing you a smooth and safe delivery. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Mine is a small baby (2.6) and I still tore till anus . I didn’t panick nor in distress…… just that I had a higher dose of epidural which caused me to not feel anything half body down and was just pushing when told. Because I couldn’t feel anything, I couldn’t tell or control my strength. Thankfully, despite the huge tear, it only hurt the first hour after the epidural wore off. But advise to other mums, don’t go for higher dose so you can feel what is going on down there and can actually control your strength.

Read more
2d trước

Noted~ Thanks for the advise~

I also had that worry before I gave birth. I gave perineal massage a few tries before I was lazy to do it. But during birth my gynae gave me an episiotomy so I think that might be way I didn't tear all the way till my anus. My first poop was a breeze.

14h trước

Around two weeks? It feels like a diagonal or an L shaped cut. The area right below the vaginal healed fast. The area at the end of the cut has a bit of bump that feels tender when pressed still, 3 months pp

This is one of my horrors, that's why I keep doing stretches. If you don't mind me asking, how big is your baby when s/he comes out? And did you had an epidural? I'm currently 35w&4d, trying to prepare my heart and mind for the delivery. 😅😅

2d trước

Ohhh this is noted~ Thanks thanks!~