miscalculate my pregnancy... thought it was preterm labour

At just 8 months into my pregnancy... I suddenly felt intense cramps. Contractions all night long. I was terrified of going into premature labor. Coincidentally, I had been doing some heavy activity that day... and was a bit tired. I immediately went to the hospital with my husband. And you know what? Turns out I was really about to give birth. And want to know more? Turns out my pregnancy was actually 9 months! I was a month ahead of my estimate not because of premature birth, but because of MISCALCULATION......... oh my, I felt so relieved because I had actually planned to go on vacation before giving birth. But luckily, I was still at home and had easy access to the hospital. Be careful and always make sure your pregnancy is safe, parents. Anyone had a similar experience?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Also curious about the miscalculation haha. Usually there will be an EDD based on the ultrasounds, routine tests, etc. Be it private or public hospital. But either way, I would think you have at least given birth safely! That’s what matters, right? ☺️

Wah very very rare to hear miscalculated esp when the pregnancy alr at the last stage

Gynae should have calculated the EDD date correctly. How’s it miscalculated?

How is it miscalculated? Did the gynae not give EDD?

Influencer của TAP

congrats on the birth of ur baby 💕

🤍