At what age did you send baby to IFC

Hi mommies, at which age did you send your baby to Infant Care ? And how are they coping during the first few weeks ? For a start how often did you send them a week? And usually what do we need to bring in their bag. Ill be delivering this month, an IFC just called me about an available slot, however its one month before my intended registration month. cause the centre told me they dont have slot for early next year, only end of this year. And so far no other centre have called me. Its also a month before my work resumes, however baby would only be 2 months plus and im feeling a little guilty that ill be sending him so early age to somewhere foreign altho my maternity will only end a month later. Any mommies going thru the same and how was it ? Im scared if i give this a miss, itll be harder to get slot anywhere else and itll be a problem once i start work. #advicepls #firsttimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I sent my baby to IFC at 3 months old. Similar situation as you, initially I wanted to send at 4 months, but my IFC only had one available slot then. So far baby is coping well and not cranky in school, I guess they don’t have separation anxiety yet at this age. For my IFC, first 2 days is half day and 1 parent allowed to observe. I sent baby 5 days a week right from the start, just that initially I pick her up quite early eg 2pm, then after that increase by 1 hour each day until full day. Totally understand how you feel, I also felt immensely guilty for sending my baby to school at such young age. But over time, I feel happy seeing her growing more interactive and independent, also her sleep pattern seems to improve after attending IFC.

Read more
8mo trước

Oh wow sleep pattern improve? Mummy can share name of your IFC?

As soon as my baby girl turns 2 months. The first few weeks went well as the teachers are nice but be expected for the first few days she won’t be able to finish her milk as she’s adjusting to her new environment. I am currently on ML now and I sent her everyday so that she will get used to her environment when I go back to work. Since you are still on leave, you can also observe how your baby get used to the IFC and meanwhile have your rest during the day as well. ☺️

Read more

for a start you can send him for half days until you are comfortable since you are still on ML. I only sent my bb at 5.5 months as there was no vacancy. and by then he has huge separation anxiety already. So he refuses to drink milk in ifc. so pros and cons. if the teachers are really nice, I think the guilt will lessen cos you know he will be taken good care of. packing list can ask the school for one!

Read more

Just take it as for that one month u can monitor if ur baby likes attending infant care or if the infant care will give u any issues.Take that one month to recharge yourself before going to work.

I sent my ger to ifc at 5mth plus coz finally there is slot. My ger from first day goes for full day. For my num 2, we plan to send him to ifc by feb… im due in end nov..