Any pills to avoid?

Hi mommies! I'm a first-time mummy, just tested 2-3 weeks pregnant using ClearBlue yesterday. I'm currently on Blackmores' folic acid pills and Purest Co. collagen, would it still be safe to consume those during pregnancy? (So anxious because I'm so new to this! 😅) Nausea, stomach cramps and diarrhoea got diagnosed as stomach flu by the GP two days ago, so he gave me some probiotics. Safe to consume those too?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Folic acid can continue to take. But other supplements you should stop for now as you’re very early into the pregnancy. You only need folic acid in the first trimester. All multi-vitamins and supplements will be prescribed to you 2nd trimester onwards. As for the pills the doctor prescribed, you can continue if you mentioned to dr that you are pregnant. If not then safer to stop. If needed, see another GP and this time tell them you’re pregnant so they can give you medicine that is safe for pregnancy.

Read more

Yes! Folic acid is very important esp in first trimester, pls dont skip it. I also took blackmores folate. And yes probiotics is also safe. Next time whenever you go gp for medicine, do mention youre pregnant as some medication is not safe for pregnant

Just my personal opinion. Take only folic acid for now and keep the rest at bay until you’ve seen your gynae and ask him what other supplements you will need at this stage. That’s what I did.