Water taste really bad

Hi mommies ! I am having an issue with regular tap water. I can taste its metal contents more so. Even before pregnant, I can say difference to brand waters & can say which household tap water feels heavyweight to swallow #weird. But now I can taste so much of its metal. Idk what I am tasting. The closest I can describe is metal. Any suggestions ? It's getting bad. it's gross to drink. But I am forcing myself to drink. I can feel my dehydration a lot. I also wouldn't want to add sugar to my water coz I am afraid of diabetic. Wuld love to hear in frm you ladies :)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! I had the same experience as you, I found water repulsive and the smell of my own mouth/ saliva made me nauseated. I relied on ice cold water, bottled drinking water is the best. Or flavoured drinks: sugar cane, Ribena, 100 plus (no sugar options available), bubble tea (not the healthiest option), honey lemon water. I would say those few weeks were the most I spent on flavoured drinks in my lifetime, but I could not stomach regular water. If it’s carbonated and icey cold I found it to be helpful too! One friend recommended soda water which has no other additives other than it being carbonates. Try things out! I hope you find your solution!

Read more