Water taste really bad

Hi mommies ! I am having an issue with regular tap water. I can taste its metal contents more so. Even before pregnant, I can say difference to brand waters & can say which household tap water feels heavyweight to swallow #weird. But now I can taste so much of its metal. Idk what I am tasting. The closest I can describe is metal. Any suggestions ? It's getting bad. it's gross to drink. But I am forcing myself to drink. I can feel my dehydration a lot. I also wouldn't want to add sugar to my water coz I am afraid of diabetic. Wuld love to hear in frm you ladies :)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! I had the same experience as you, I found water repulsive and the smell of my own mouth/ saliva made me nauseated. I relied on ice cold water, bottled drinking water is the best. Or flavoured drinks: sugar cane, Ribena, 100 plus (no sugar options available), bubble tea (not the healthiest option), honey lemon water. I would say those few weeks were the most I spent on flavoured drinks in my lifetime, but I could not stomach regular water. If it’s carbonated and icey cold I found it to be helpful too! One friend recommended soda water which has no other additives other than it being carbonates. Try things out! I hope you find your solution!

Read more

Hello mommy, why not drink boiled water or filtered water or bottled water instead? There’s a lot of choices for plain water everywhere with no metallic taste. You do not need to drink from tap water only. Staying hydrated is very important for you and your baby.