Recommended dishwasher and dryer

Hi mommies. Currently have a maid, but considering of letting her go in 8 months or so. I currently don’t have a dryer or dishwasher. Using a top load washing machine then manually drying clothes outside , and handwashing all the pots n plates. Since I’m letting go of my helper in 8 months, and being full time at home I’m considering getting a dryer and dishwasher to help me with my chores. I already have a 3.5 year old toddler and newborn coming this month. Can pls recommend good model dishwasher + a dryer. I’m using a top load Samsung washing machine. Something that is affordable, energy saving too. Thank you !!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

a front loader washing machine allows you to stack a dryer on top. an alternative to dryer is dehumidifier. I use dehumidifier under my clothes with hangers, so I can hang them right after. also some clothes can't dry well in a dryer e.g. jeans or cannot be used in a dryer - will shrink, so I chose dehumidifier over a dryer. so my dryer is now underutilised and left outside in the balcony. for dishwasher, I'm using bosch. look out for online promo periods to buy, you could save almost $1k. some dishes still comes out oily for me (happens every 2 months or so). I guess I still have to learn and understand the best settings to use. I like dishwashers with "auto door opening" so that air circulation can help dry the dishes, and prevent a smelly wet smell from developing in the long run.

Read more