Gestational diabetes

Hi, mommies. My gynae say my bb tummy is a bit huge. He scare it might be GD. May I know what to drink for breakfast to control sugar intake? TIA~

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've been diagnosed with GD, 29 weeks now. I eat 2 slices of low GI bread with peanut butter and 1 glass of full cream milk. don't have to stick to low fat milk - my dietician said daily intake has to be 1000mg of calcium which equivalent to 3 glasses of full cream milk or 5 glasses of low fat milk. this didn't cause my blood sugar to surge. things to avoid will be rice + anything starchy (such as yam cake/carrot cake), this caused my blood sugar to surge big time. lol. try to have more vegetables, even when I eat out, I make a habit to buy a separate plate of vegetable. you can do it!

Read more
1y trước

Can I get the name of the dietician that you are seeing? I just did my test yesterday and failed 😞

I’m following this IG user who had GDM and she has shared quite comprehensively on her GDM diet as well as every test that she has done pre and post diet to control glucose level. I think it’s pretty helpful. https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE4MTA0NTQxMTk2Mjk1NzA3?story_media_id=2905734814726123837&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Read more
Post reply image

Non sugared drinks if u r worried you might have GD. Plain water or mayb a cup of low fat milk shld b ok i tink? I used to always drink a cup of low fat milk n some blueberries.

1y trước

It boils down to the family history and the eating habit. Not what u ate one wk ago kind of ting.

I'm surprised your doctor did not give you any advice. For something like this I'd gather as much information as you can from different sources.

1y trước

He just told me he scheduled the test earlier and ask me not to drink sweet drinks. 🫣

Hope everything’s okay!