not stimulatin baby enough

Mom, I feel like I rarely stimulate my baby (2 months old). The doctor scolded me, saying don't be a lazy mother. I'm so sad. I'm not lazy, I just thought breastfeeding alone is enough for now since he can't do anything yet. What kind of stimulation can be done for a newborn baby anyway?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh mama, I totally get where you're coming from! It's tough when you feel like you're not doing enough for your little one, especially when you're already doing so much. First off, please don't be too hard on yourself. You're doing a great job just by being there for your baby. Even though your baby is still tiny, there are actually lots of simple ways you can stimulate them. One of the best things you can do is to engage in face-to-face interaction with your baby. This could be through talking, making funny faces, or even singing to them. They love seeing your expressions and hearing your voice, so this kind of interaction is really important for their development. You can also try doing some gentle tummy time with your baby. Just a few minutes a day on their tummy can help strengthen their neck and shoulder muscles, and it's a good opportunity for them to start exploring their surroundings. Another great way to stimulate your baby is through touch. Gentle massages or simply holding and cuddling your baby can be really soothing for them and can help them feel safe and loved. You can also introduce some simple, high-contrast toys or black and white books for them to look at. Remember, every baby is different, so don't worry if they don't seem interested in certain activities right away. The most important thing is that you're there for them, giving them love and attention. And don't forget, breastfeeding itself is a wonderful form of stimulation for your baby, providing not only nourishment but also comfort and bonding. You're not a lazy mom at all, you're doing an amazing job. Hang in there, and remember to take care of yourself too! Sending you lots of love and support. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

I think your doctor sounds rude. You are not lazy. I understand that it is very tiring taking care of the LO cos my baby also 2 months old too. I also didn't stimulate much to my baby. Back in the days, I don't think my mum had anytime to stimulate me when I was a baby and I'm doing fine. Just do whenever you feel like doing it. For me, during daytime, I will always talk and sing to my baby while feeding her. Play some music or nursery rhymes. Whenever she didn't go to sleep after feeding during daytime, I will spend 15-30mins to play with her, show her black and white cards, play rattle toy, and carry her around the house. I think as a mother, we need to get more rest so that we have the energy to take care our LO. Don't feel so sad about it.

Read more

This doc isn't professional..he/she should just provide some suggestions on activities tt 2 months old can do, not just scold the mother. Anyway, the other mummy has shared some common things that you can do. Tummy time, high contrast black and white cards or toys, lots of talking and touching the baby. U can also shake rattles and train their eye coordination. Play them some music too.

Read more

So rude !! But anyways mummy dont get too stressed about this. It can be as simple as you talking to baby. Or show flash cards. Or books. Tummy time with toys dangling is also good! But baby will love most when you talk to them altho they dont respond

Hi not trying to be rude but please research more as it is best and recommended to do activities since newborn. You don't want to delay their development just because you assumed breastfeeding is enough right? That's just the nutrition

Influencer của TAP

hmm... i did not particularly do much to stimulate my LOs much on purpose as well & they r doing fine... the PD shd suggest instead of scold... dont b too hard on urself 🫰

Black white red cards, rattles, play gym, house tours, sing and dance to nursery songs.