my kid has speech delay because of me

Mom... my husband and I feel really guilty. We have one child. Both of us work... ever since our child was born, we've had help from a babysitter. When we're at work, we leave our child at my parents' house, but still with the babysitter. Often, we're too tired when we get home from work, so we don't have time to play with our child. We rarely talk to him. Sometimes, even on weekends, we have events. We do take him with us, but we realized... after thinking about it, even though we take him along, we rarely engage in conversations or interactions with him. We got too comfortable with the convenience... having a babysitter, someone to take care of our child. We rarely talked to him. The result? Our child has a speech delay. The therapist said one of the factors is the lack of stimulation for talking. We regret it so much. Why did we get so caught up in work? Why did we give in to exhaustion and convenience? We used to think it was pointless to talk to a baby since they don't understand yet. But that's not true. They will understand more if we talk to them more often... Child, forgive us for being negligent as parents...

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh, mom, I can hear how much you and your husband are feeling guilty about the speech delay your child is experiencing. It's totally understandable to feel this way, but it's important to remember that it's never too late to make positive changes. Firstly, please don't be too hard on yourselves. It sounds like both of you have been doing your best to provide for your child by working and ensuring that they are well taken care of. It's clear that you love your child and want the best for them. Now that you're aware of the impact of the lack of interaction on your child's speech development, you can take proactive steps to address it. Even though you might be tired after work, try to carve out some dedicated quality time with your child. Engage in activities that promote language development, such as reading books, singing songs, or simply having conversations with your child. It's also important to communicate with your babysitter and parents about the importance of engaging with your child in conversations and activities that stimulate speech development. They can play a crucial role in providing the necessary stimulation while you're at work. Additionally, consider limiting events and commitments on weekends to prioritize spending more quality time with your child. Even if it's just simple activities like going to the park or playing games at home, these interactions can have a positive impact on your child's development. Remember, it's never too late to start making positive changes. Your child will understand and appreciate the efforts you're making to engage with them more. It's all about creating a nurturing and stimulating environment for their growth and development. You're not alone in feeling this way, and many parents have faced similar challenges. Be gentle with yourself and focus on moving forward with love and intentionality towards building a strong bond with your child. Your dedication to making positive changes will make a significant difference in your child's development. Sending you warmth and encouragement as you navigate this journey of parenthood. Your love and care for your child shine through, and that's what truly matters. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
Influencer của TAP

🙏💕