Small talks

Many times I tried having small talks with my hubby but he always seem to show no interest. It's either a one worded reply or plain ignorance. We can don't talk for the entire car ride for the entire evening except things relating to the kids. So tired of trying anymore. Take yesterday for example. Just initiated a small talk. Telling him out anniversary coming. "Hm" he said Asked him how many years already. Silence. Asked again. Answered wrongly. He plainly isn't listening or digesting what o said. Asked him what should we do. He replied. Go eat lor. Chatted more other stuff and what I got was "hm" replies. So tired. Back home while feeding the kids dinner. I just casually told my son that I'm so excited daddy mummy's anniversary is coming. My hubby suddenly retorted saying "can u don't keep saying? I remember when!" In a pissed manner. I looked at him and kept quiet. Continued doing what I'm supposed to do. From then on, I didn't initiated anymore small talks. Can someone tell me what's going on?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Men being men. Sometimes we are just excited and want to share with our kids but I guess your hubby took it negatively like as if you're trying to constantly remind him, and even resorting to using the kids to do that. We meant well, and are genuinely looking forward to the celebration but the men see it otherwise. Why not you plan for this year's anniversary and just ask him to make himself available? I'm sure when you put in effort, he will appreciate the gesture and for all you know, it might just prick his guilt that he has not been doing anything these years. Perhaps then next year will be a better experience!

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-36828)