When should parents stop showering kids of opposite gender?

Hi mamas! I’m a FTM. I am taking care of my daughter 24/7 including her in high chair right beside me while I shower, I just want to rest for awhile so my husband is responsible for showering our LO everyday. LO is 8.5mo so she’s at the age where she needs to keep me in her sight 🥲…….. My question is, at what age would you stop letting dads shower kids of the opposite gender vice versa mom and son. Appreciate all advice and experience. Thank you!! #advicepls #firstbaby

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me I would suggest to stop at the age of 1 years old. Good thing my husband dont dare to bath for his little one because his afraid he will drop his child or accident happend. So since our little one were NB, it was just me, my dad and my mum. Then after I am better, it was all me. I dont allow him to showering neither washing baby's poop etc. Unless there's no one in the house and I am unwell or totally tired. Otherwise ill do it on my own. I have thought my little one to understand that no opp gender should bath you at all. Only mummy can do it.

Read more