hello! my LO is currently 5months plus, thinking of sending her go IFC because I'm going back to work soon. But she doesn't take bottles and she only latches.. did any mummies send LO to infant care when LO don't take bottles? I'm very worried cause I'm afraid she won't drink anyt.. Need some advices. Thank you.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think u need to try some tough love because the way u have alrdy chosen is ifc or whichever path that does not have u looking after her. The recommendation is to try once a day at a specific timing and then slowing increase. I think u have to let the baby go hungry if baby doesn't want to suckle. A bottle is definitely much easier to drink from then nipple as it requires less effort, it's just that baby doesn't want and would rather latch. So if baby never drink and quite soon she is allowed to latch then it won't work. Try some tough love and even if baby don't drink, don't latch. Hungry still give bottle. Until the next feed. Sounds mean but u can't be parking urself or visiting the ifc so often to latch - not practical. Baby is 5+months, skip a feed is ok. The hunger should make she more willing to drink from bottle

Read more
8y trước

thanks momma.. actually I got plan to try this.. but a bit bu she de.. 😅 guess this is one way.