is my baby growing well

My little one just turned 2 months old, and I'm starting to worry a bit about their growth. They seem perfectly happy and healthy, but I can't help but wonder if they're gaining weight at the right pace. Is anyone else going through this? Any tips on how to tell if your baby is growing well at this stage? I'd love to hear your experiences and maybe some advice! Here are some things I've been noticing: - still has no sleeping pattern... i am so exhausted - feed every 1-2 hours - lift head for few seconds while tummy time Would also love to know: What are some good resources to learn about baby development milestones? How often should I be weighing my baby at home (if at all)? When should I be concerned about my baby's growth? Thanks in advance for your support! P.S. Feel free to share any tips or tricks that helped you feel confident about your baby's growth during those early months! #NewMomStruggles #BabyGrowth #SeekingAdvice #CommunitySupport

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello there! First of all, congratulations on your little one turning 2 months old! It's completely normal to have these concerns, and you're definitely not alone. Let's break down your worries and provide some advice. ### Feeding and Sleeping Patterns At 2 months old, it's quite common for babies not to have a set sleeping pattern yet. They often feed every 1-2 hours, especially if you're breastfeeding. This frequent feeding helps stimulate milk production and ensures they're getting enough nutrients. To help with your exhaustion, you might want to consider expressing milk so someone else can help with feedings. A good breast pump can be a lifesaver in managing this. You can check out this [breast pump](https://invl.io/cll7h6h) that many mothers find very useful. ### Tummy Time and Lifting Head Lifting their head for a few seconds during tummy time is a great sign! It shows that your baby is developing neck and shoulder muscles. Continue with tummy time sessions as they are crucial for motor skills development. ### Weighing Your Baby It's not necessary to weigh your baby at home frequently unless advised by your pediatrician. Usually, regular check-ups will suffice. However, if you prefer to monitor it yourself, once a week should be more than enough. Ensure you use a reliable baby scale and try to weigh them at the same time of day for consistency. ### Baby Development Resources There are several excellent resources for tracking baby milestones: - **Books**: "What to Expect the First Year" is a popular choice. - **Websites**: Websites like BabyCenter and The Bump offer comprehensive milestone trackers. - **Apps**: Apps like "Wonder Weeks" can be very helpful in understanding developmental leaps. ### When to Be Concerned If you notice any of the following, it’s best to consult your pediatrician: - Significant drop in weight or failure to gain weight over a few weeks. - Baby is lethargic or not feeding well. - Lack of response to stimuli or not meeting other age-appropriate milestones. ### Tips and Tricks for Confidence - **Keep a Growth Chart**: Note down weight, length, and head circumference during each doctor visit. - **Join Support Groups**: Online communities or local mommy groups can offer great support and advice. - **Trust Your Instincts**: You know your baby best. If something feels off, don't hesitate to seek professional advice. I hope this helps ease some of your worries. You're doing an amazing job, and it's clear you care deeply about your baby's well-being. Keep up the great work! Sending lots of positive vibes your way! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Give yourself a break! You're stressing yourself out! Is your baby underweight? why are you worrying? is your baby eating and pooping well? for me, I weigh mine in monthly basis and record it down. you can purchase the baby scale for baby or carry baby and weigh then put baby down and weigh yourself and minus the weight away.

Read more

Hi mummy! As long as your baby has wet diapers, all is well! Pee and poo is how you know if your baby is getting enough. Slightly in between 2 months you may see a slight sleeping pattern but every baby is different so no guarantee.

Relax. Chill. Baby is only 2 months old. Don’t add on unnecessary stress to yourself. It’s hard enough being a new mother ! Make appointment with polyclinic for developmental growth check.

U can check out Tap milestone tracker.. For 2 months they are still learning and adapting, take time to enjoy the process

2 months... is like that. u just got to stick through it. Good luck!

Influencer của TAP

love