Down as maternity leave ends - separation anxiety with baby

Just a little rant as my maternity leave has ended and ill be back working tomorrow onwards. My baby’s in ifc, and i feel so down and bad for my baby as ill be fetching me later than usual 😣 like almost coming to 7pm when during maternity leave i always fetch him latest by 5pm. I feel like a bad mon. And my baby’s life will mostly be in IFC. I don’t why i always feel like crying when thinking about it. I did try to clear my remaining AL, so called extend my maternity leave, but due to manpower my leave was rejected. Just wanted to spend more time with baby as i feel by the time i fetch him from ifc, already evening, after shower and milk he’ll go to sleep straight till next morning. Like i only have few hrs with him in a day. Is this just a first time mum syndrome ? Will this feeling tone down or go away soon?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

If u feel that way then i must hv been a terrible mum too. I’m a first time mum as well to a 7 mth old Bb Girl. I only see my Bb twice a week after my ML ends and bck to work. Reason is that i stay far from my workplace and i ended up placing my bb under my sister’s care. I stay in north east and my sis staying in the west. I only fetch my bb after work when the next day is my day off. Spend 2 nights and one day with Bb Girl and then send her back to my sis place when i need to work. But now, i had to change job that ends early as i will be placing her to Infantcare next January and will get to fetch, see and sleep with her everyday. I don’t want to miss any 1st milestones of hers anymore.

Read more