Fetal kick counting

Hi hi! would like to seek advise from fellow mommies.. How often do you count kicks or feel the kicks? When I wake up, my baby will kick so I will count 1 set .. then I will doze off and 2 hours of nap again, my baby will starting kicking enough for me to count another set.. and throughout the day I feel the kick quite obvious on and off despite all movement and activities including walking. During the night, I will be able to count a set as well at a certain time. I am a first time mom, I don’t know if I am thinking too much but is it normal ? Is my baby ok? Is it sign of ADHD? I am starting to overthink …

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don’t count kicks, baby don’t cooperate when I actually tried to count … she just totally don’t move and the moment I decided ok I’m not gonna count, voila, she starts kicking😒. I only started feeling actual kicks around 25 weeks, before that was just some bubbling or waves. For me, as long as I feel movements thru out the day it’s good enough for me. It’s normal because we can’t “see” or “hear” baby from naked eye and don’t know how are they inside the tummy so we get worried. Relax and trust your baby, look forward to every scans and find some stuffs you enjoy doing to help past time 😊.

Read more