baby milk intake

Hi! Would like to ask. My infant right now is 8 days old, his milk consumption is 80ml but to consume that 80ml took him a long time as he just drink it very slowly. Is this an issue? Should I do anything to make him drink faster?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

At one week of age, his stomach volume is probably 45-60ml, so he can’t handle 80ml quickly at one shot. Some milk needs to go down first before he can take in more. I wouldn’t rush him, and would probably actually cut down the volume of feeding

Thành viên VIP

It’s normal for newborns to take a longer time to drink milk. They are after all new to suckling and need more time. You can try to burp before and after feeding. Babies will get more efficient in drinking milk as they get older.

My baby drank 50 ml when he was 8 days old . The max he can go is 60 ml . I think can change his bottle , maybe he is confuse with the teats if your baby is currently brastfeeding and bottle fed .

There will be time when bb have milk struggle. My boy drank super fast during 1st mth.. 2nd mth I struggled with him for an hour almost every feeding.. its a phase ...

Thành viên VIP

Last time my son drank around 90-100 ml and he took his time to finish the milk. I think it is normal.

Influencer của TAP

When my baby 1 week old she's taking 90ml. It's normal to be slow I guess she's drinking slow too

Thành viên VIP

May I know, who suggested 80ml? 1st week, their tummy so small. My 3 weeks baby drinks 80ml.

Influencer của TAP

80ml is quite a lot for newborn You may consider reduce to half

80ml is alot, as i know they can take 30ml first...