Do you let your under 1 have any screen time?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No. Zero screen time under age 2 as per American pediatric society recommendations. Lots of studies have shown that screen time to babies under 18 months HAMPERS language and vocab skills vs no screen times - so if you think you are helping baby, the reality is you are not - but instead harming babies development. Other studies have shown that in under 36 months old - Each hour of television viewed was associated with a 10% increase in the risk for attention problems when the child enters school. In our family we are delaying screen time as much as possible

Read more
7y trước

Actually the AAP has updated their guidelines as of October 2016. the new AAP guideline has changed from "avoid all screens under age 2" to "avoid solo media use in this age group." It's still recommended to have zero screen time under 15 months - but 15 months onwards might have some benefit as Long as with adult supervision And interaction

I do because there is simply no way to keep her still during meal times outside and during diaper changes or bath time. It is tough.. I guess every kid is different. I tried to refrain from exposing her to these things for as long as I could but when she was about 9mo she refused to eat and this was the only way to make her sit for awhile to eat.otherwise she will cry and cry. I feel guilty but there is really no other way for me to do it. I do try to use books to occupy her during changing clothes time and it helps a bit

Read more

No. Not at all. Tv, ipad, youtube. None of such things. I went for a seminar and learnt tat children under 3 should not hv any screen time at all. It causes them to hv lack of attention span when they grow up. I dun see any importance if the guidelines change at all. Instead of letting e screen teach them anything, why not spend some quality time to teach them on our own? Anyway, they learn best from storybooks, toys, music and bonding with friends & family! Interaction is more beneficial than screen time.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-24216)

Sometimes. But he never seems to be interested at all. Whether it's TV or even my phone. Which I'm thankful for.

No i don't. But the 11 month old is not interested even if I on cartoon right in front of him

Thành viên VIP

Yes i do but control duration.