When to buy breast milk pump?

Hi ladies, ftm here and wondering when to buy breast milk pump since I won't know if I'll have any breast milk after delivery?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I bought a week after my EDD. However, I have one spare pump to standby - just that the suction is not strong enough for me. You don’t need to worry about supply. Your body will produce milk naturally. It’s normal to have little milk at the start. Just don’t give up and continue to latch and pump despite lesser milk. Give your body some time to adapt too. After some time, the supply will be sufficient.

Read more

you can observe for a few days and see if your milk supply has kicked in and increases over time. Not every woman is blessed with an abundance of milk supply. You can just formula feed if necessary. No need to stress over insufficient milk supply ya, your mental health matters more. Fed is best

I bought a week before EDD cause got warranty so I didn’t want to buy too early. For supply wise, you have to keep latching and pumping to signal your body for more milk 😊.

buy one before 38 weeks if you plan to breastfeed. you can get second hand if u dont mind. my recommendation is spectra for main pump. if you decide not to bf aft, sell off

there will definitely be breast milk after delivery, it just takes time to kick in. rather be prepared tho don't last minute buy

Influencer của TAP

i bought one in 3rd trimester

mothercare/motherswork

mothercare