My kid has myopia and he's 4 years old. How do I prevent it from getting worse?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Following the usual eyecare tips may help. Here are some tips that I've read about to help protect your child’s eyesight: Having a balanced diet: A well balanced diet with green and red leafy vegetables like carrots, spinach and beetroot, also yellow fruits like papayas and mangoes (high in carotene). Take breaks: Try to remind your child to take a break after 20 mins of staring at the computer/tv screen. Best to look at some greenery that are a distance away. These are very basic but would be good for protecting your child's eyesight. It may be difficult to take such frequent breaks. I find sitting near the window a good way to facilitate that. By having the computer near the window, one simply need to look out every once in a while. Really helps with reducing fatigue in the eyes.

Read more

Spending time outdoors (1-2 hours/day) can also be beneficial. Common treatment options that are proven to slow down the progression of myopia include: 1) Orthokeratology 2) Atropine 3) Bifocal/Multifocal contact lenses Before starting any treatment, it is important to discuss with your eye care practitioner about the various options as well as read up more about the individual treatment in order to make an informed decision that will ultimately be in the best interest of your child.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-7840)