Baby feedings

Jus wondering, should we prepare the milk for baby in advance before he/she wake up? Or store the milk (put in warmer) for more than 1 hr ? My MIL always prepare the milk in advance before my baby wake up, sometimes my baby sleep longer than expected then she just put in the warmer untill the baby wake up. I feel this is inappropriate, as the milk is not fresh anymore... she said to prevent baby from crying and no need rushing to prepare when needed. She prepare the formula using 100° boiling water and rest until it cold, she said cannot mix with room temperature water.But according to the instructions on the milk can, it says cannot use 100°c boiling water to prepare the milk.. Mummies out there, any advise? First time mum here, no experience..

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

OMG please do not do that! I did tried that with my son. I thought it was easier since babies wake up every 2-3 hrs. I made the milk in advance and also put in the warmer but he only woke up 3-4 hrs later then the milk is already spoiled. I stopped doing that immediately so what I did was, I brought a hot flask, a jug of water & the milk powder into my room every night then just make fresh everytime he wakes up. No need to get up to walk to the kitchen when you're sleepy & groggy.

Read more
4y trước

Yes and safer. Fresh milk everytime

Thành viên VIP

i will prepare the milk powder in the amount that i want inside the milk container. put hot flask and normal boiled water in the room so that preparation is easier. when baby wakes up, prepare the milk. only takes abt 1min