sex , induce labor at 35 weeks

I've heard that sexual intercourse may stimulate labor in several different ways. I experienced a hardening of my uterus after having sex. I believe it to be braxton-hicks or “false” labor contractions because it usually go away with rest or a change in position. but as I get closer to my due date, I want to pay close attention, because at some point these tightenings can turn out to be true labor.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Braxton hicks can happen after intercourse. Usually comes and goes just a few seconds and yes will go away when you change your position. Contractions is a very heavy feeling on your vagina and you'll also feel pain from your back to your abdomen. You'll feel like you badly want to poop. The pain will not go away no matter how you change your position and it comes in intervals like 2 mins apart or even so. Your waterbag might break first before the contractions come or your mucus plug might come first before the contractions or just the contractions only. Don't forget to count the pain intervals. Head to the hospital if it's between 5-10 mins.

Read more