Miscarriage options

Hello! I’ve blighted ovum and am in the midst to decide if I want to choose to miscarry naturally or via surgery (D&C). Suppose to be 9.5 weeks according to LMP but from ultrasound, the preg still stagnant at 5.5 weeks no progression. Would like to get opinions from people who have had went through the experience. Thank you! Also, how long does it take for the next menses to start? #pleasehelp #miscarriage #firsttrimester

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mummy. I'm sorry to hear of your pregnancy loss. The same thing has happened to me, a silent miscarriage. Baby heartbeat had stopped but I had no bleeding or other symptoms, only found out at the next appointment. I walked in to the O&G at kkh and had elective procedure. So I stayed in the hospital for half a day while the nurses inserted the medication (Misoprostol) locally. It was better for me as I didn't want a D&C and have low pain tolerance. I was administered painkillers to help with the pain. After a few hours baby came out. My period came right after just like a normal birth.

Read more

i opt for d&c. but one day before my schedule surgery, the bleeding happened. went to hospital to check, there was still around 1cm thickness of lining in the uterus. doc asked if i would like to take the medicine to “clear” it but i went ahead with the d&c scheduled as i wanted to hurry get over it and let my body recover to try again for another baby. my next menses came around 4 weeks. take care!

Read more

i took medicine to induce the bleeding. didn’t want d&c as i preferred something non-invasive. my next menses i think came around 5-6 weeks later. take care ♥️

d&c would be “cleaner” to ensure no residue tissue is left behind. next menses differs from person to person, but mine came back 3 weeks later

I decided to miscarry naturally. Eventually the sac will come out on it's own after some bleeding.

I let it pass naturally as I do not wish to decide anything. Menses comes the following month