Is wearing hairband on baby head not advisable? Some say, it will affect the baby's head shape as baby's scalp is soft. If so what is the right age & any recommended brand?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

I have to admit, headbands do look cute and stylish on babies. But they are not necessarily the best thing. As you rightly pointed out yourself, since your baby’s head is soft and still developing, constricting it in anyway it can be dangerous . Your baby’s skull needs to be free from any pressure. Their skulls are made up of seven bones, most of which are structures or soft joints that are covered by membranes. These membranes aid the growth of the skull. So wearing a tight headband for long could cause bumps or dips or restrict their skull growth. If you are still keen on dressing up your baby with headbands, opt instead for lose ribbons or try soft fancy clips only after your bub turns six months. But the best idea is to avoid these accessories completely till your baby is two years minimum. Even then you’ll have to be careful that they do not remove these and swallow them.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

In order to find out whether the headbands that you put on your child’s head are harming them somehow, you just have to observe their behavior. If when you place it on, they cry, get stubborn or try to take it off, then we will know that they are at least feeling uncomfortable. Another way to find out is by observing them when it comes time to sleep. If they don’t sleep well, or find it difficult to fall asleep after having those accessories on for a long period of time, this can indicate that it is having harmful effects. Choose headbands that are soft with a minimum amount of elastic and only for a small amount of time in a day. It is better to have one that constantly falls off rather than one that stays put due to contraction caused by the headband’s elastic.

Read more

I love wearing headbands for my daughter and I have heard this so many times. I started wearing headbands for my daughter at 3 months and not for long hours. I would advice you to get headbands that is elastic and not too tight. Do not get those that has like flowers or small items on it, just plain ones. There are many accidents when the baby pulls off the items, like petals of flower from the headband and get choked by it. You can get it from Gmarket.

Read more
Post reply image

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-889)

It wouldn't be advisable to use headbands. But if you really want to then you use the cloth bands or any soft ones which look just as cute!

thanks